You will be amazed at how much some things have changed in 25 years – and at a few things that haven’t changed at all!
Here’s the highlights of what you’ll find when you download this extract from our launch issue:
- Our first-ever FD interview – with the finance director of the not-yet-privatised British Telecom
- A look at a survey in which FDs were opposed to international accounting standards
- Proposals to merge Price Waterhouse and Deloitte Haskins & Sells – a merger that didn’t actually take place. (Or did it? Many years later, Deloitte’s UK arm merged with Coopers & Lybrand – and we know what happened to it!)
- Why mergers and acquisitions can be dangerous – for FDs.
- And Woolworths chief executive Geoffrey Mulcahy talks about why FDs are so important
- One more thing: you’ll love the ads
Financial Director launched in 1984 under the title Financial Decisions, and was renamed in 1990 to more accurately reflect our readership.
Our latest in a daily series of interviews with FDs showcases Semafone CFO Katherine Grover, who talks about the changing focus of her role, and big projects for the year ahead
Caxton FX has appoints Trevor Price as its next chief financial officer
ISS UK & Ireland promotes the head of treasury at ISS Group Denmark to CFO