You will be amazed at how much some things have changed in 25 years – and at a few things that haven’t changed at all!
Here’s the highlights of what you’ll find when you download this extract from our launch issue:
- Our first-ever FD interview – with the finance director of the not-yet-privatised British Telecom
- A look at a survey in which FDs were opposed to international accounting standards
- Proposals to merge Price Waterhouse and Deloitte Haskins & Sells – a merger that didn’t actually take place. (Or did it? Many years later, Deloitte’s UK arm merged with Coopers & Lybrand – and we know what happened to it!)
- Why mergers and acquisitions can be dangerous – for FDs.
- And Woolworths chief executive Geoffrey Mulcahy talks about why FDs are so important
- One more thing: you’ll love the ads
Financial Director launched in 1984 under the title Financial Decisions, and was renamed in 1990 to more accurately reflect our readership.
Expert Tom Smolcic examines why this initially attractive model is falling out of favour
We talk to Rob Gorle, recently appointed FD of employee engagement company, Perkbox, about recruitment, the challenges ahead and what he plans to do at Perkbox
The number of UK-nationals in CFO positions in FTSE 100 companies has fallen in the last 15 years, with foreign CEOs also on the increase
On International Women's Day, report finds senior business roles held by women in the UK have fallen from 2016 to 2017