You will be amazed at how much some things have changed in 25 years – and at a few things that haven’t changed at all!
Here’s the highlights of what you’ll find when you download this extract from our launch issue:
- Our first-ever FD interview – with the finance director of the not-yet-privatised British Telecom
- A look at a survey in which FDs were opposed to international accounting standards
- Proposals to merge Price Waterhouse and Deloitte Haskins & Sells – a merger that didn’t actually take place. (Or did it? Many years later, Deloitte’s UK arm merged with Coopers & Lybrand – and we know what happened to it!)
- Why mergers and acquisitions can be dangerous – for FDs.
- And Woolworths chief executive Geoffrey Mulcahy talks about why FDs are so important
- One more thing: you’ll love the ads
Financial Director launched in 1984 under the title Financial Decisions, and was renamed in 1990 to more accurately reflect our readership.
Big Data software company WANdisco has appointed Erik Miller as chief financial officer and with immediate effect
The finance chief of the Daily Mail has been recruited by Rolls-Royce after a management shake-up at the engineering group has resulted in the departure of its chief financial officer
Global mining company Anglo American has appointed Stephen Pearce as finance director, following René Médori's decision to retire
Three former Tesco executives, including the former finance director of Tesco UK, have denied charges of fraud and false accounting in relation to a £326m accounting scandal at the supermarket