You will be amazed at how much some things have changed in 25 years – and at a few things that haven’t changed at all!
Here’s the highlights of what you’ll find when you download this extract from our launch issue:
- Our first-ever FD interview – with the finance director of the not-yet-privatised British Telecom
- A look at a survey in which FDs were opposed to international accounting standards
- Proposals to merge Price Waterhouse and Deloitte Haskins & Sells – a merger that didn’t actually take place. (Or did it? Many years later, Deloitte’s UK arm merged with Coopers & Lybrand – and we know what happened to it!)
- Why mergers and acquisitions can be dangerous – for FDs.
- And Woolworths chief executive Geoffrey Mulcahy talks about why FDs are so important
- One more thing: you’ll love the ads
Financial Director launched in 1984 under the title Financial Decisions, and was renamed in 1990 to more accurately reflect our readership.
Suzanne Baxter is to step down next month following the departure of CEO Ruby McGregor-Smith
The number of start-ups setting up in London’s tech district fell by 70% over the last year, new research shows
James Gregory appointed following promotion of incumbent CFO
Jeremy Fletcher, interim finance director and change-management consultant, currently at Global Shared Services, gives his views on the year ahead