FINANCIAL DIRECTOR is delighted to announce the launch of the Business Finance Awards 2016.
In their fourth year, the awards celebrate the achievements of the UK’s top finance professionals, teams and service providers.
Alongside our popular ‘FD of the Year‘ and ‘Finance Team‘ categories, we are excited to reveal new ‘Service Provider‘ categories this year, recognising the efforts of accounting, legal and pensions professionals to support the FD and their finance function.
Acknowledging the growing role played by finance teams in helping business deliver sustainability or environmental initiatives, we have also introduced a ‘Sustainability Impact Award‘.
Our first tranche of judges have also been confirmed. Two former FTSE 350 FDs are taking part this year: Simon Laffin is the former group FD of Safeway and current chairman of both Flybe and Assura; David Tilston has most recently served as FD of Innovia, having held senior finance roles with Mouchel and Findel. Tilston also served as chairman of Sepura’s audit committee.
Two of the most influential CFO recruiters are also on board: Suzzane Wood, head of the European CFO practice at Russell Reynolds; and Cagla Bekbolet, head of the global CFO practice at Egon Zehnder.
- Ruth Bender, reader in corporate financial strategy, Cranfield University School of Management
- Andrew Harding, UK managing director, CIMA
- Andrew Howell, partner in disputes and investigations, Taylor Wessing
- Chris Kinsella, interim FD, Victim Support
- Mark Lumsdon-Taylor, corporate transformation officer & group director of finance & resources at The Hadlow Group
- Andrew Sawers, freelance business and finance journalist
Anoop Kang will join the specialist child education and behavioural health services provider in July
Ex-Wolseley UK FD joins company behind Very.co.uk and Littlewoods.com
Live webinar to take place on 21 February at 2pm
Specialist UK savings and lending bank appoints Dylan Minto as CFO, with effect from 6 February.